Thursday, December 17, 2009

How can I say this nicely, Mr. Kleats?????

Peter Chow

127 Lilly lane
Snowville, British Columbia
Canada IAm CND

Mr. Kleats
Central High School
123 Main Street, Sports town,
British Columbia, V2A 1W3.



Dear Mr. Kleats:

My name is Peter Chow and my daughter, Chelsea Chow, is currently a team leader on a Volleyball team you coach. I do greatly appreciate your dedication and willingness to coaching girls Volleyball, they do need someone who has the skills as well as patiance. I would also like to point out a few of my concerns in regards to my daughter's athletic practices.

I try to attend Chelsea's practices and games on a regular basis, but find that they could be more organized. I would suggest more communication between you and the team to get a better understanding on what your expectations from the team are and what they need from you. Volleyball is something that Chelsea is passionate about, but gets a bit discouraged by not hearing enough encouragement for her to try her best, instead of focusing on the winnings.

After watching last Tuesday, Wednesday and Fridays game, I have noticed there are times when you are running a bit late. The girls seem to be a bit confuse as to why the most important person, you, is not present. Perhaps practices and games could be arranged to a different time? Making a more flexible schedule/time that will be more convenient for you. I would also like to suggest having an assistants helping hand with warm-ups until you are able to take over.

Chelsea loves and adores playing volleyball and attending all practices but often, she and other players, become embedded to the bench and would like to get more involved. Timing who is on the court would help keep better track of the children's playing time, and make it a bit easier on you, so that nobody is forgotten, also, to keep it fair.

Seemingly, I can relate to some of the difficulties you may face coaching the girl's Volleyball game/practices and understand it can be hard trying to get a group of hyper girls to simmer down their silly conversations and concentrate on the task at hand, the big game. I suggest talking to the girls in a calm yet serious manner rather than yelling profusely and or using profane language.

I would like to congradulate you on the success you have had coaching the girl's Volleyball team. My daughter, Chelsea, has won a few metals and is now is the team leader. I thank you for the time and effort you put into teaching the girls every practice. By you reading this, I hope that you are able to take my suggestions and put them towards making a stronger team. Thank you for taking the time to read my concerns. Hope to hear from you soon. Take care, Mr. Kleats.


Sincerly,


Peter Chow

No comments:

Post a Comment